Opening up my Twitter notifications and seeing I have been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award was such a great feeling! Oftentimes, I think my words and my work goes unnoticed. What is the point? Why keep trying? Then I get a nudge from God telling me, nothing we do in this world goes unnoticed, and to keep working, because people DO see you.
So a huge Thank You to Jessica for seeing me! Be sure to check out her personal blog, full of dope words and also cute items to shop (;
I appreciate the nomination and recognition. I am elated to be nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award!
The Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
Nominate 11 people and ask them 11 questions
Notify the nominees
List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award image in your post
1. What is your favorite book?
Depends on what I am reading at the time, every new book I fall in love with becomes my favorite. Although I just started, I am already obsessed with Chasing a Flawed Sun by Daniel McGhee. A memoir of his journey as a heroin addict and recovery. It is so raw and real, I applaud his bravery in sharing his story.
2. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
The Maldives! It is my dream to be basking in a tiki hut on a body of water living my best life. It's on my bucket list.
3. Favorite place you have visited and why.
Cancun, Mexico! It was THE best vacation I've had. The food, the people, the culture. It's very similar to many Caribbean islands, and I would love to return to Mexico and explore more.
4. What is your favorite animal and why?
A lioness. Powerful, stealthy, Queen of the Jungle. What's not to love?
5. What is something you are proud of yourself for?
Healing. It hasn't been easy, and it's a daily battle but I've seen myself grow in many ways and I am proud of myself for continuing to do the work, despite the trials.
6. Tell me one of your favorite scents (i.e. apple pie, Eternity cologne, fresh cut grass).
Rosewater & Ivy candle scent from Bath & Body Works!
7. What was your first job ever?
A cashier at Dollar Tree. I actually loved that place, and I miss all my co-workers.
8. Favorite holiday and why.
Christmas! I love Christmas time, giving gifts, being with loved ones, the (maybe) cold weather if Florida permits, the scents, the food, the songs, the reason for the season, I love it all.
9. What is the first song that pops up on your usual playlist?
Maverick City, they are on constant rotation every morning, it's how I start my day.
10. Do you have any pets?
No, maybe one day.
11. Do you know how to drive a manual transmission?
Absolutely not! Although I think it'd be fun to learn, I love a good challenge.
1. If your life could be described by one color, what color would that be and why?
2. Favorite self-care routine?
3. What genre do you prefer to write and why?
4. Why do you write/blog?
5. What is your guilty pleasure?
6. Do you like pineapples on your pizza?
7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
8. What would you want your life's legacy to be known/remembered for?
9. Favorite beverage of choice?
10. Do you physically engage in sports or would you rather watch them?
11. What is your biggest accomplishment thus far?
Of course, I want to pay this exposure forward. The gift of giving and receiving. Without out further or do, here are my nominees for The Sunshine Blogger Awards